Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rachel Bilson


I am not sure what went wrong here. I'm also not sure if it could've been saved to start with. Apparently, Big Bird was going to band camp and I didn't know about it.

I feel like this would've been really cute if she'd lost the jacket. Really, that jacket is what's really dragging this whole thing down. It's like, one of those items you get at a thrift store just to say you got it at a thrift store. 'I'm so cool because I bought this [insert very ugly and matronly clothing item here] at a thrift store because I'm just economically and fashion savvy. HA.' No, honey. You only go to a thrift store if you NEED to go there, not to be fashionably correct. This looks like it used to belong an 80 year-old piano teacher her conducts the elementary school band on the side, except they couldn't afford really nice and uniforms and Professor Harold Hill is never there when you need him, and so she had to dig around a dusty old drama closet and came up with this. Of course, I'm all for saving money and buying cheap -- you know, I'm the master of sale items. Go straight to the fifty percent off section every time. Whoo! -- but Rachel Bilson, you don't need to go cheapo. You've got money. Tons of it. You were once on the biggest TV show of the time and live with one of the main stars of the Star Wars merchandise. Live it up. Spend on good, quality pieces; not snafus like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment